Volunteer with us!
Check out our list of activities and projects on Google Drive. We can't do it all ourselves! We need help with space planning, sorting donations, implementing software and servers for the space, gathering specs for and evaluating equipment, adding more content to our website, budgeting for expansion, and more. Whether you have a little time or a lot, everything moves faster if there are more hands on deck.
- Come help out at the next Lab Improvement Day!
- Donate, or help is find the equipment we need!
- We need members! Hey, it’s $120/month and lots of good things happen when we have money to improve our facilities. We'd love if you, or someone you know wanted to become a member!
- Teach a class! Nothing builds community faster than a little education. If it’s free, great! If you’d like to make a little, we can work with that too. We’ll provide the space, you bring the class! If you're interested in teaching contact us!
- Not quite ready to join? You can stay informed about our goings on by subscribing to our email list below. You’ll only receive messages tailored to your interest.
- Attend a class! Check out our Events & Classes. If you don’t see a class you’re looking for, let us know.
- Write one of our grant applications! We have a few grant opportunities pending. Most of them have models to follow so it’s merely a matter of applying decent writing skills and following a pattern. We can really leverage member dollars with extra funds and we’ll end up with new programs to benefit everyone.
It’s no small task organizing and running a fab lab in New York City! We’re an all volunteer organization run by members. There are always things to be done and extra help is really appreciated. We’re especially interested in finding experts for various projects. We’d like to think we know it all but we don’t!
If you can help on any of these items, please use our contact form, comment below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org